In three days I am moving to New Orleans to attend seminary. While there, I hope to learn how to properly teach God's Word. Yet, I also hope to learn how to more effectively share the gospel to all people. After reading this chapter I have become convicted because I have, as he says in the book, thought that God has given me a heart for America. Yet, as good as that sounds I only have a heart for 5% of the world. I am commanded in Matthew 28:19 to make disciples of all nations. So my question for thought today is: How do we, as Christians, make disciples of all nations where we are at? Is it just going on mission trips? Is it just giving money to mission funds like Annie Armstrong and Lottie Moon? Or is there something more that we should be doing?
I want to end with the lyrics from a song that I wrote a few years ago that explains perfectly what was talked about in chapter 4 titled "You've Told Me to Go!":
I stand here before you broken and afraid
to share your love with people who don't even know your name.
People whom everyday I look past and walk by
I tell myself that I'm too busy and I don't have the time...
To talk to them and share your name
Declare your glory and fame
But you've told me to go, go and share your love
with people who don't know you and tell them that you're enough
You've told me to go, all around the world
Go and be blessing to every man, woman, boy and girl
You've told me to go!
Sometimes I'm fearful and I admit I don't know why
fear doesn't come from you Lord, it's my enemy telling me lies
I may not always understand why you want me and how I'm of use
But I know that you have called me and there is no excuse
Not to talk to them and share your name
Declare your glory and fame
But you've told me to go, go and share your love
with people who don't know you and tell them that you're enough
You've told me to go, all around the world
Go and be blessing to every man, woman, boy and girl
You've told me to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment